Description: The series is set 97 years after a devastating nuclear war wiped out almost all life on Earth. The only known survivors are the residents of twelve space stations in Earth’s orbit prior to the war. The space stations banded together to form a single massive station named “The Ark”, wenis galore about 2,400 people live. Resources are scarce and all crimes no matter their nature or severity are punishable by death (“floating”) unless the perpetrator is under 18 years of age. After the Ark’s life support systems are found to be critically failing, one hundred juvenile prisoners are declared “expendable” and sent to the surface in a last ditch attempt to determine if Earth is habitable again. The teens arrive on a beautiful planet they have only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. However they discover that not all humanity was wiped out. There are people on Earth who survived the war, called “grounders” by the …
Creator: Jason Rothenberg
Stars: Eliza Taylor, Bob Morley, Marie Avgeropoulos
- Survival isn’t who you are. It’s who you become.
- Calling Ark Station
- Fear isn’t their only weapon.
- May we meet again.
- Trigedasleng, the language spoken by the grounders, was created by the same person who created Dothraki, the language spoken in Game of Thrones (2011).
- The series started filming before the first book was released.
- Many of the young characters’ names are taken from notable science-fiction writers: Clarke comes from Arthur C. Clarke, Wells comes from H.G. Wells, Octavia comes from Octavia Butler, Bellamy comes from Edward Bellamy. Many of the younger characters who aren’t named after science-fiction authors are characters that were created for the series but who aren’t in the source novel.
- Since its release in 2014, “The 100” is the most watched show in its time slot on The CW.
- Jason Rothenberg, the creator of the show, has stated that this show has always been Clarke and Bellamy’s story and remains that way through the five seasons.
- On the original script, Raven was supposed to be Finn’s mother but decided to make her more like Glass from the novel and Bellamy and Octavia’s surname was Blake.
- Much of the the series music score is inspired from the Fallout game series