Description: This television drama is about the two Winchester brothers, Sam and Dean, who were raised by their father, John, to hunt and kill all things that go “bump in the night” after his wife, Mary, was murdered by an evil supernatural being when the boys were young. 22 years later the brothers set out on a journey, fighting evil along the way, to find their recently missing father who, when they finally meet up with, reveals he knows what killed their mother, a demon and has found a way to track and kill it. Meanwhile, Sam starts to develop frightening abilities that include death visions, visions of people dying before it actually happens. These visions are somehow connected to the demon who murdered his mother and its mysterious plans that seem to be all about Sam. When their father dies striking a deal with the very same devil that had killed his wife, the brothers, now alone and without their mentor, are determined to finish the crusade their father started. But disturbing revelations …
Creator: Eric Kripke
Stars: Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Jim Beaver
- An enemy that will stop at nothing…
- A family that will risk everything
- Bobby Singer (Jim Beaver) was only supposed to make a one-time appearance.
- The Latin inscription on the barrel of the Colt gun says “Non timebo mala”, which translates to “I will fear no evil”.
- None of the cast or crew members ever expected the show to last as long as it has. Misha Collins (Castiel) has stated that at the one hundredth episode party, someone said, “Maybe we’ll see you at the two hundredth!”, and everyone laughed at the idea, thinking the show would be long gone by that time. The party for the two hundredth episode of the series took place in October 2014. The 300th episode of the show aired in February 2019.
- There is a particular clock that shows up in almost every episode.
- An important aspect of the show’s music is classic rock, most of which comes from Eric Kripke’s own record collection, although one of his favorite bands, Led Zeppelin, has always been too expensive to license.
- Jared Padalecki (Sam Winchester) dislocated his shoulder while wrestling with Osric Chau (Kevin Tran). The writers were then forced to make up a story as to why Sam was wearing a sling in the beginning of season ten.
- Originally, Jensen Ackles auditioned for the role of Sam Winchester. When Jared Padalecki came in and read for Sam, a slight re-casting was done. Producers called Jensen and asked if he’d rather use his charm for Dean, saying he was the Han Solo character of the duo, and what kid didn’t grow up wanting to be Han Solo? Jensen accepted. It became known that he was previously interested in that role, because Dean was funny.