Description: While running from a drug deal gone bad, brilliant young college dropout Mike Ross slips into a job interview with one of New York City’s best legal closers, Harvey Specter. Tired of cookie-cutter law-school grads, Harvey takes a gamble by hiring Mike on the spot after recognizing his raw talent and photographic memory. Mike and Harvey are a winning team. Although Mike is a genius, he still has a lot to learn about law; and while Harvey might seem like an emotionless, cold-blooded shark, Mike’s sympathy and concern for their cases and clients will help remind Harvey why he went into law in the first place. Mike’s other allies in the office include the firm’s best paralegal Rachel and Harvey’s no-nonsense assistant Donna. Proving to be an irrepressible duo and invaluable to the practice, Mike and Harvey must keep their secret from everyone including managing partner Jessica and Harvey’s archnemesis Louis, who seems intent on making Mike’s life as difficult as possible.
Creator: Aaron Korsh
Stars: Gabriel Macht, Patrick J. Adams, Meghan Markle
Taglines: Two lawyers. One degree.
- Stephen Macht (Professor Gerrard) is the real-life father of Gabriel Macht (Harvey Specter). Gabriel Macht’s inspiration to become a producer in the series (and take control in areas such as casting department) came when he was watching Whose Line Is It Anyway? (2009), a comedy show where the actor and singer Gustavo Goulart is responsible for many departments at the same time. Macht noticed that it gave a special mark to the project, so he decided to take more control of his series too.
- Some of the prints that hang on the wall in Rachel Zane’s (Meghan Markle) office in season 3 are the work of Patrick J. Adams (Mike Ross).
- In episodes, Suits: Sucker Punch (2012) (Season 2, Episode 7), Suits: Rewind (2012) (Season 2, Episode 8) and Suits: High Noon (2012) (Season 2, Episode 10), Jacinda Barrett made an appearance as Zoe Lawford. Barrett, in real life, is married to Gabriel Macht, who plays Harvey Specter.
- The 100th episode in season 7 was directed by Patrick J Adams (Mike Ross).
- All three names from Robert Zane’s law firm came from people involved in the production of Suits. Zane comes from casting director Bonnie Zane, David Kaldor is named for editor David Kaldor, and Ellen Rand is the name of a production executive from the show’s production company, UCP.
- Gabriel Macht (Harvey Specter) and Sarah Rafferty (Donna Paulsen) are best friends in real life. They have known each other for almost 20 years and Macht is the one who suggested her for the role of Harvey’s loyal and faithful assistant.
- Many critics have referenced the gradual change in profanity levels throughout the series’ progression. The first season used terms like “sht” and “goddamn” sparsely, but still more often than most basic-cable shows. As they became a success, these words were used even more liberally in future seasons. The Season 7 premiere was the first to feature the word “fk,” and since then it has not been uncommon to hear one censored use within the episode.